Position: Senior Project Manager
Status: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Director, Strategy & Innovation
Language(s): English required, French an asset
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Deadline for Applications: November 22, 2019 at 5:00 pm EST
This is a historic moment in the global fight for equality. Women’s organizations and movements in Canada and around the world are on the frontlines of change—holding the line, demanding equality and driving transformation. The opportunity has never been greater to boldly invest in their brave work to build a more equal world together.
The Equality Fund is a groundbreaking collaboration that will deliver new momentum for women’s movements across the globe. The Equality Fund (formerly The MATCH International Women’s Fund) will drive the cultural, economic and political changes required to make global gender equality a reality. We will shift power and resources to local organizations and leaders on the frontlines of building and sustaining a more gender equal world. We will mobilize philanthropic and investment capital, in Canada and beyond, and build a brighter, more equitable future for everyone, everywhere. Welcome to the Equality Fund.
The Equality Fund is made possible in partnership with the Government of Canada.
We are in the process of recruiting a Senior Project Manager.
Reporting to the Director, Strategy & Innovation, the Senior Project Manager will play the lead role in project managing a critical business transformation at the Equality Fund. The Senior P.M. will be responsible for confirming, managing and organizing activities, resources, schedules, financials and reporting requirements associated with facilitating a recent $300M contribution to the Equality Fund and its partners. This will also include management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
The Senior P.M. will work closely with the Director, Strategy & Innovation and will liaise with and support various business unit team leads to ensure that complex critical path activities are clearly defined and adhered to. The Senior P.M. may also, in collaboration with the Director, Strategy & Innovation, liaise with and coordinate the activities of external partners and collaborators.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic leadership of the project management function of the Equality Fund within the context of the larger organization transformation underway.
- Identify and validate project deliverables, prepares project plan and manages the day-to-day operations of various project activities and deliverables within the specified time constraints outlined in various existing documents: Global Affairs Canada contribution agreement, multi-party agreement and the Equality Fund business plan.
- Leads and implements project management techniques and strategies to organize the project workflows, deliverables, timelines and responsibilities.
- Works with collaborating partners, consultants and the staff team as appropriate to make communication and engagement easy and transparent regarding project issues, decisions and interdependencies.
- Monitors, facilitates and manages change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Monitors and tracks project performance and progress using appropriate project management techniques specifically to analyze the successful completion of short-and long-term deliverables and goals. Manages project issues and risks to mitigate impact.
- In collaboration with the senior management team, implements best practices in change management and change leadership.
- Provides status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues – communicating to the Director, Strategy & Innovation.
- Assists with providing and/or coordinating timely and accurate report submissions, including statistical reports, activity reports and financial statements/reports.
- Supports project steering committee meetings, staff team and others as required and requested by the Director, Strategy and Innovation.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation.
- Identifies resource requirements to ensure project is adequately resourced and successfully managed on time and on budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in addition to a Project Management certification
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive project management related experience including project management with a track record of developing and adhering to critical paths (knowledge of and experience with government contribution agreements and requirements is a definite asset).
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills in managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance.
- Ability to create a sense of shared direction and ownership amongst a diverse project team and to support and see them through to completion.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation, process improvement, governance structures and business plans.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good working knowledge of office applications: project management software, Google drive/sheets and excel.
- Bilingual English/ French considered an asset
- Openness to work on cross functional/multi-disciplinary teams;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities, to steer in new/different directions
- Can do/Anything is possible mindset!
The Equality Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in our work and in our staff team. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other qualities that make us unique.
If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.